Rock Shop Prop Stop is hosting an amazing multi-vendor auction to raise awareness for Cystic fibrosis. Rock Shop Prop Stop’s owner, Cassie, has kindly asked if I would love to help and I jumped on it! Summerana.com is donating our entire shop to the auction, and All Proceeds will be donated to Great Strides – Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!
Cystic fibrosis is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation are making a huge difference in the lives of those with CF.
Bidding starts April 1st and you can check out the amazing auction items here! A few things up for grabs are a Pastel Pink Crocheted Lace Tutu, a Milestone onsie set with a Bowtie, our entire shop of digital designs and more!
If any of these items do not peek your interest, you can donate directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation by going here
Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
- clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
- obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
- very salty-tasting skin;
- persistent coughing, at times with phlegm;
- frequent lung infections;
- wheezing or shortness of breath;
- poor growth/weight gain in spite of a good appetite; and
- frequent greasy, bulky stools or difficulty in bowel movements.
- About 1,000 new cases of cystic fibrosis are diagnosed each year.
- More than 70% of patients are diagnosed by age two.
- More than 45% of the CF patient population is age 18 or older.
- The predicted median age of survival for a person with CF is in the late 30s.
Since 1955, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has been the driving force behind the pursuit of a cure. Thanks to the dedication and financial backing of our supporters — patients, families and friends, clinicians, researchers, volunteers, individual donors, corporations and staff, we are making a difference.
- Learn more about Testing for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Explore all aspects of Living with CF at every stage of life.
- See what Treatments are available and what’s in development.
Please share this page to help spread awareness! Together, we can make a difference in the lives of those with CF