It’s Toms 9th birthday and until May 21, Toms shoes is giving away a pair of shoes to a child in need when Instagramers post a picture of their bare feet with the hashtag #WITHOUTSHOES. Isn’t this just amazing?! To help raise awareness for this, we thought we’d make the deal even sweeter by giving away a camera lens to one user who posts a photo. Who can resist a giveaway, especially one for a great cause? In the end we hope to have helped raise awareness, have helped donate tons of shoes to those in need, have shown you the power of what happens when the entire photography community come together, and to have given one of you a chance to add a fun camera lens to your kit!
What You Need To Know about the Cause:
Toms helps provide shoes, sight, water, safer birth services as well as health, education and community development programs to help improve the future of children, their families and communities. More than 35 million pairs of shoes have been donated by Toms.
How do shoes help?
- Shoes can increase access to education – Providing children with school uniforms, which often includes shoes, can increase school attendance by up to 62% (Source: Evans, 2009). Can you imagine going to a photography workshop to learn without shoes?
- Shoes can help treat disease – At least 4 million people in 15 countries are affected by podoconiosis, a debilitating disease that causes painful swelling of the feet and legs. (SourceL WHO, 2013).
- Shoes can protect feet from illness – 1.3 billion people lack regular access to healthcare services, leaving many children susceptible to water and soil-borne illnesses, which can be transmitted through feet (Source: WHO, 2012).
- Shoes can provide comfort – There are over 43.7 million refugees around the world. Nearly half are children, spending their childhoods away from home without access to basic amenities, which can include warm shoes (Source: UNHCR).
- Shoes can encourage healthy lifestyles – Childhood obesity has more than doubled in the past 30 years (Source: Ogden, 2014).
The giveaway winner will win a Nikon/Canon Limited Edition: Super Bokeh Lensbaby Spark from Photojojo (value of $129.95).
How to Enter:
To enter, take a barefoot photo, along with your camera anywhere in the frame, and type the hashtags #WITHOUTSHOES and #SUMMERANA when you post it PUBLICLY to Instagram. Then simply record your entry in the rafflecopter widget below.
Additionally you will have more optional entries, which are listed in the rafflecopter after you’ve posted your photo. The more steps you complete, the more entries you will have for a better chance to be chosen by rafflecopter, however, if you do not post a public barefoot photo (including your camera in the frame for a bonus) with both #WITHOUTSHOES and #SUMMERANA hashtags, none of your entries will be valid. Download this toolkit for stickers, stencils, posters and more from Tom’s to make your photo more fun.
Summerana – Photoshop Actions for Photographer’s One Day Without Shoes Giveaway will run from 05/11/2015 until 05/21/2015 at 11:59p.m. CST. One giveaway winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter and will be announced along with Tom’s total shoe donation count on our Facebook Page and email newsletter. You will have 48 hours to claim your prize so be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss out on the announcement!
GIVEAWAY AND CAUSE RESULTS:
Thank you to those of you who have entered and participated! Together we have made a difference. In the past week, all of us photographers came together and were able to help donate over 50 shoes to kids in need yay!
The winner of this giveaway and who will be the proud new owner of a Nikon/Canon Limited Edition: Super Bokeh Lensbaby Spark from Photojojo (value of $129.95) is Jessica Ekvall, Congratulations! Please be sure to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours to claim your prize.